Friday, August 13, 2010

Decisions, Decisions....

In the last 2 days I have got 2 interested parties in adopting Piper. What to do? I personally would like to adopt this little girl, she has fit in so well here and we adore her. I believe my husband feels the same way, as he was trying to teach her how to growl at people at adoption events, what a goof! The idea of having 5 dogs overwhelms me though, I don't know why for me the jump from 4 to 5 seems HUGE. We went from 2 to 4 at one time, when we got Hazel and Cashew at the same time, that should have been more of a worry than the 4 to 5 jump right? At what point am I considered the crazy dog lady, HA, I guess maybe I already am.


I guess we have a big decision to make, and soon. This would mean I can only foster 1 dog at a time versus the 2 I have been able to do in the past. Its not only been my husband and I that have enjoyed having Piper around, Hazel and Isabelle are really enjoying it too, they have been playing a lot with each other. Anyone that can get Isabelle to run full speed around the yard is doing something right. I got a video of Hazel and Piper playing last night (posted below), they are so cute!



Cashew and Hazel used to play a lot but with age Cashew is not as playful as she used to be, I think some of it maybe her knee problems. She was diagnosed with a luxating Patella a few months back, and usually has hardly no problems but maybe it bothers her more than we know. A luxating Patella just means the knee cap pops out of the groove, she is estimated to be between a grade 2 and 3 which means she is on a glucosamine supplement daily and occasionally needs a anti-inflammatory when the knee cap pops out and she can't get it back in, which happened last week for the first time since her diagnosis. Usually by the next day you would really never know there was a problem. She will more than likely need surgery eventually, I am not looking forward to that, keeping a doxie down and practically immobile for a long period of time is close to impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment