Friday, October 15, 2010

Lets Make A Difference

Today I am participating in the Be The Change blog hop, hopefully I can get this written and published by the deadline :) This is the first chance I've had to sit down and do what I intended to do today, the pups are settled in so now is my chance. I wanted to talk about a topic that is very near and dear to my heart, puppy mills and the hope for a new and better life for these innocent animals. I live in the state of Illinois but I foster for a rescue group in Missouri. As I am sure most of you know Missouri is the puppy mill capital of the world, a staggering 3,000 mills are located in Missouri. This election there is hope for these innocent dogs that have been locked up their whole lives, its called Proposition B. Proposition B requires these mills to downsize to 50 breeding dogs, so that proper care can be given to these helpless animals. It will also require they get basic care, cages that are big enough, rest between breeding cycles, adequate food, water, vet care etc. Now I ask you does that sounds like its to much to ask? 50 breeding dogs is more than enough to care for, if its done properly, adequate food and water? Now don't they all deserve that? Well the opposition doesn't think so, they think its too much to ask that these beautiful creatures get this basic care. If you live in Missouri, I urge you to vote YES on Proposition B, if you live in another state, maybe you have a relative or friend that lives in Missouri, whatever your situation is please spread the word about Proposition B and urge people to Vote YES.

I have fostered a few of these poor animals that have been saved from Missouri puppy mills, its not pretty, in fact its pretty horrifying. To see a dog that doesn't know what grass feels like under their feet, to not know what a soft bed, good food, and clean water is like is criminal. Most of these dogs live in a cage from the time they are born, day in and day out, are barely fed in filthy bowls, drink filthy water and walk and lay in their own feces. Its time for us as humans to stand up and say we are not going to tolerate seeing OUR precious animals live like this, because I believe it is us as human beings job to take care of the innocent and helpless, animals and children. Some of these dogs never see anything outside of the mill life, but some, very few get lucky, they get rescued and learn what life is all about. Lets make the difference in these animals life, Vote YES on Prop B.


3 comments:

  1. What an amazing post! Thanks for sharing and shedding light on such a horrible thing - puppy mills. I don't live in Missouri but I have an animal loving friend that does so I will definitely let her know and I'll tweet about your blog post.

    You are truly an awesome person for all that you do for puppy mill dogs. Thank you! :-)

    ~ Park Avenue Chihuahua

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Chihuahua girl, your awesome!The more publicized this issue gets the more we can make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post... thank you for sharing this info!

    ReplyDelete