Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What I'm Thankful For

I am very thankful for a lot of things in my life, great family and friends. I have a wonderful husband that puts up with my obsession with helping animals and welcomes new fosters with open arms. I am also very thankful for all the health of my perma dogs, and of course the love and friendship they offer me. I am so relieved that Apple found her new furever home before the holidays, now she gets to celebrate in style and comfort as she was meant too. Although the last few days I've been a little down about my own health but all it takes is a good snuggle with the dogs and a holiday to make me remember that I am truly blessed.

Today I'm preparing for tomorrow, since I am not having Thanksgiving dinner at my house all I am doing is making a few desserts, easy enough. The real work will come after this holiday, getting the house decorated for Christmas, "spring" cleaning and getting ready for my parents to come into town for Christmas. Oh and I can't forget the dreaded Christmas shopping, the last few years I have done the majority of my shopping online and that is my plan this year too. This should be a real experience for Radar, he doesn't like having new people in the house and I hate to tell him but his normal hang out spot is where the Christmas tree goes. This should really throw him out of whack. The last few nights he has been coming in on his own, the common denominator seems to be David, when he is home is when he seems to do this. I would really like to see Radar have his very own home for Christmas, but if that doesn't happen its ok, he can celebrate with us and enjoy the goodies Santa brings.

All the dogs were unhappy this morning because of the rain, except Hazel, the rain doesn't bother her one bit. She runs and plays in the yard like its nothing. Piper really hates it, I made her go out and she just sat at the door with her tail tucked begging to come back in. It finally slowed down enough that she went out and done her business. Cashew would only go out if I accompanied her, geez what a brat :) I don't blame any of them for not wanting to go out, I wouldn't want to go out in this cold, wet stuff either but sometimes we have to do what we don't want to, right? Here's Cashew curled up with Izzy, or rather her back end. 

I wish all of my readers a very Happy Thanksgiving, be thankful for what you have and forget about the things you don't. I believe God gives us what we need and only gives us as much as we can handle.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, what cute photos. I'm enjoying all these Thanksgiving posts, even though it's not a holiday here in Canada. It's lovely to hear all the amazing things people are thankful for and fills me with warm fuzzies.

    I hope you have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete