Friday, September 10, 2010

No Sleep

Another night of no sleep, I am so exhausted but my mind won't quit going. I have stuff to get done today and could really use some sleep. I have a lot going on and can't seem to get resolution to any of it so I haven't slept well in a while. Well the dogs don't have any problems sleeping, some are in bed with my husband and some are strode out in the family room or sun room. I wish they would rub off on me. Today I took one of Senior Dogs hospice dogs to the vet, after talking to the family that is giving this elderly baby a loving home for her last days on earth, I decided she probably needed to be seen by the vet. They think it is a upper respiratory infection and put her on antibiotics. So hopefully the little doll will be feeling better in a couple days.

After much debating the group has decided to transfer Gemma to a rescue in Nebraska that specializes in badly damaged mill dogs. I know in my heart that I can't help her anymore and as much as it breaks my heart that I can't, she is just beyond anything I have ever seen. From what I hear this lady in Nebraska is fantastic and a real miracle worker. Gemma will begin her travels to Nebraska on Sunday, so please keep her in your thoughts. Everyone ask me what Gemma is like, it is so hard to explain, in fact there are no real words for it besides she lives in pure terror all the time.

I have lots of baking to do for a bake sale that St. Louis Senior Dog Project is having on Saturday at the Lowes in Arnold from 10-3. Wish me lots of luck, since I've had no sleep.  

No comments:

Post a Comment