Thursday, February 17, 2011

Its Electric!

I get such a good laugh out of the girls after they have been rolling and rooting around and when they look up their hair on their ears is sticking straight out. LOL Here is a pic of Cashew looking ELECTRIC! Someone needs to invent a photo editor specifically for animals. Animals don't usually get the "general" red eye that most programs are set for, they'll get a whitish, or green or even blue glare. For me I take many more pictures of animals than people. We are thoroughly enjoying this wonderful weather we are having and are hoping it sticks around so we can declare this winter over with! Its been a rough winter, we got a ton more snow and ice than usual for us.

I am ready to spend some time out in the yard doing some work and playing with the dogs. The last few days its been in the 70's and we have been able to open the windows and enjoy the fresh air. Here's a picture of Dooley scoping out the yard from the kitchen window. We'll be attending a adoption event on Sunday, maybe we'll meet some good potential adopters. I would really like to see Dooley get in his new home soon. He has become WAY to attached to me and our home. Its really sad but it takes so much longer to place bigger dogs than it usually takes to place smaller ones. These big guys really tend to be more grounded than the smaller ones, most smaller dogs feel like they have something to prove. Trust me I've got a house full of little doxie's and they can be a whole lot of attitude in a little body.

Here's Izzy and Piper looking out the other window in the kitchen. You can see Piper's colic up the back of her neck in this picture lol it certainly gives her character. We're going through a hard time with Piper right now, since she came here about 5 months ago she proved to be house broken, this past month she has been pottying in the house and we can't really figure out why. Its not the weather, she loves the snow and the cold doesn't seem to bother her much. There is not blood in her urine, I actually think the problem is she is so busy playing around when she goes outside she forgets to do her business. I'm considering taking her to the vet JUST to be sure its not a urinary issue but I really don't think it is. I guess the thing that bothers me the most is that there is always puppy pads down and available but she never uses them, she chooses to use a rug or carpet. We'll get it figured out, unfortunately now when we leave for longer periods of time she is going to have to be crated till we can get this issue under control. I know potty issues can be too much for people to handle, infact there are a lot of people that give up their pet because of it but I truly believe you can potty train any pet, with just a little time and patience. That doesn't mean they will always be 100% all the time but you have to be able to compromise, no body is perfect 100% of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment