Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pool Side


Cashew taking her first dip.
 Today I got out the kiddie pool for the dogs, and well kinda for me too. While I sit out there and watch them I put my feet in the pool to keep cool. Hazel knew exactly what I was doing, she kept walking up to the pool and looking in like "Come on mom, fill it faster" none of them will get in it while its filling, they don't like the spraying water......This is the first time having the pool out since Piper has joined our family and since Dooley came here. I had to make Piper get in because it was too hot, she didn't like it one bit but when she jumped out she ran and jumped all over the yard LOL We had no idea how much energy Piper had until well after we adopted her, when she first came here she was docile and I guess trying to find her place in the pack, well she has her place now and boy does she have some energy!


"I got it, I got it!"
 I had to coax Dooley in, I stood in the middle of the pool and kept calling him. He went to put the first foot in and jerked it back like "WHOA that's cold" but eventually he made his way in and let me rub him down with water, I could tell he had never been in a pool and he was unsure but once in there for a few minutes he started wagging his tail. He bolted out of the pool and took off running. I threw a tennis ball in the pool and Hazel went diving after it, she got it and jumped out, only for Dooley to grab the ball and take off again. LOL this picture is of him celebrating his victory of getting the ball. Of course Hazel sat there and just looked at him then back at me. Hazel loves the pool, she is the one that likes it the most, Izzy and Cashew like it but usually only get in a couple times. Hazel will get in and out all day long, she also likes to blow bubbles in it, she tries to grab blades of grass on the bottom of it. Hazel is at her happiest when she gets to get in the pool, I'm at my happiest when I get to watch her.

Just like people that want nothing more than their human children to be happy, all I want is for my furry kids to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment